Monday, December 29, 2008

How it was

So it’s been a year. This time last year I was racking my brains out for the radio assignment. I’m looking forward for a change this time around. Keeping my fingers crossed cuz you know lah things never really go my way usually. There were lies and frustrations and embarrassments and a tong full of mistakes amongst many others. Yup, that’s how I sum up my 2008.

First trip to Genting in years was in February. The class had been contemplating a class trip but got postponed at the last sec. But the hostel gang and some others decided to go anyway. I had an interview for internship the very next day.

The following 3 months was all about my first job. Met some great people, some manipulative people, some grouchy, some nice-but-in-the-end-not-so-nice yea I’m ready for working life. I made mistakes definitely and I can’t change that unfortunately. Hate me for that, but you’ll never know the other side of the story – mine.

Somewhere around there I got my previous finals results back and was somewhat labeled as stupid lah. But I totally made up for it.
T’was also when I made yet another trip to Genting. I loved the wrist ban so much and wouldn’t take it off for nothing but in the end kena sacrifice it in the name of art.

College began in June, and marked the beginning of endless productions and editing. Claws came out, so did the fangs, horns, disagreements, disappointments and misunderstandings that had possibly sealed my fate for the rest of the year.

10 bucks says I’ll never see these again.

Beginning September I was back to me, myself and my room. Instead of hoping for a change, I tried to make the change. It worked but perhaps not so much.

I opted not to join the Penang trip with them classmates, instead I went myself when my roomie invited me over. Ate a lot, walked a lot, went hiking, gawked at houses and just like that, semester break was over.

Final semester in college already began like since semester break. I was busy busting my head for thesis ideas and materials to support it. My self alleged worst nightmare wasn’t the worst after all. There were more setbacks in store for me but I just tutup one mata and say don’t care lah, it’s not gonna change the past.
Somewhere out there Jen was there for me as did other lepaking kakis. See, still got life beyond college wan.
Towards the end I initiated the change again and I think it worked in my favor lah. Not much but it’s a start. I’m happy again finally. There were still occasional bumps along but heck, just live with it lah.

2 Note(s):

Anonymous said...

Haa..remember your horoscope read abt not having a good year or something? But you survived COLLEGE!!!

Lace said...

every year in college is never good. never was and never is. the only good thing is you jen sayang .. =) sigh i won't be seeing you guys any sooner =(