Friday, January 23, 2009

Dude, where's my bucket?

Chances are you haven't heard of this Spanish horror film before, but you may have heard or watched Quarantine before. Yea, it's the remake of [REC] with slight changes and dude, the management should've provided us with Fear Factor buckets or something going into the theatre.

Gory and bloody scenes are a totally yes-yes for me, it's just the freakin shaky camera technique which almost made me puke my guts out halfway through the film. And they use it for a horror film - which involves panic, running, chaos and gets your mind spinning.

No, I'm not gonna do a film review about this, cuz I was shielding my eyes and only got to watch the relatively calm scenes when they weren't being attacked and chased by cannibals and running around up and down the building. (No I don't think they're cannibals, but they're hungry for humans so they should be cannibals ...).

Back to the shaky camera technique, think Cloverfield - that should give you the idea. Blair Witch Project was calmer than this but so not interesting. I bought the CD thinking it was cool but never touched it again since 2004. OK maybe I don't appreciate experimental documentary (whatever you call them) films but dude, that was so boring. How did my classmates conduct a thesis on Blair Witch is a unexplainable. =)

But yeah, I'll watch [REC] again with a bucket next to me. It's like 28 Weeks Later and a little of Resident Evil where virus mutates, people get infected, people attack other people, and all the infected gang up to attack other people and the cycle goes on until Earth is inhabited by zombies.

If it happens in reality I won't be typing this.

2 Note(s):

Anonymous said...

I personally believe they're zombies too, cuz they just don't die, uh, like such as....

Lace said...

I personally believe that we shouldn't make a fun outta her, uh, such as this, uh cuz she's richer and smarter and more famous than us, like such as ...