Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blessed, not stressed

There are a lot of careers I was adamant to never come near to, like insurance, marketing and sales. So when I was offered a position as a marketeer, I begged the interviewer (my future boss) to allow me to handle daily administration jobs because, well, mainly, I do not like talking to people and I get stage fright during presentations, let alone talking to big shot clients.

So for the first 5 months I did clients' daily, monthly and analysis reports and the occasional "office" work. I was missing my former job and the peeps I worked with for 3 years and never so often felt incompetent. 

But here, I was.

I moved closer to work (otherwise it would be a 1 1/2 hours drive to work, and another solid 2 hours drive back home) and the landlady sucks, parking isn't free like it used to, food is expensive (but I did find a mixed rice store here which cost me 4 bucks for 2 types of greens) and I wanted nothing but to hopefully, secure a job at Astro again. The first few months were horrible, I just had to splurge on good food every weekend.

I also told my bosses I was ready for the real marketing job, like everybody else. If I was in the marketing department, then I shall do marketing. I think I did that 3 times. I didn't plead and beg and make a nuisance out of myself, I just said I was ready.

That wish came true last week. 

Now I'm getting more emails than I ever had (not bragging) and struggling to actually understand what the clients are asking (mind you, everything I've learnt so far was through listening to other seniors talking on phones and conversations they have among themselves. and the rest from picking up calls myself and asking seniors and bosses).

And now I am actually taking the time to read up on the clients and the arrangement they have with my company so I don't sound like a bimbo on the phone. Yes sir, I'm doing homework on weekends, just like school days. And I hate Sundays too. 

My boss says she has her reasons as to why she offered me this particular client in the first place. Apart from my asking, she uttered the sentence, "because I have faith in you that you can do this well". Uh huh. Now the stress comes, because I do not want to disappoint her, the other bosses, the team and most importantly, myself.

But instead of ending this on a negative note, I shall put it the other way around.







0 Note(s):