Thursday, December 25, 2008

Home away from home

Dec 24th - While the family is at home chomping on ham and mouth-watering dishes I had my very first teppanyaki! I picked this one cuz it’s like the 2nd cheapest plus I’m addicted to beef.

While waiting the food to digest we lepaked around Jusco and looked at food and how we’re gonna survive in Liverpool and what we’re gonna eat who’s gonna cook .. you get the idea lah yea.

Gerenti can live forever

So cute I want!

Then Lydia and I ordered sundaes :)

The other two had fries. And we were still going to Mali’s later to see if there were fireworks displays and also to eat more.

On the way to Mali’s I was already in the SMS mood. I really suka Dec 25th lah cuz it’s like that one day in the year where I get countless messages and calls. It’s like people out there still remember your existence. Ha!

Then we waited on the slope where we could get a good view of KLCC and the KL tower. My phone couldn’t really reach that far so no point take pic or video lah. Mana tau langsung tak dak fireworks, just some colorful light display on KL tower itself. KLCC blackout except for some twinklie lights.

Dec 25th - The gang gives up and we retreat to another mamak cuz Mali overcrowded. I continued receiving and replying messages, very very happy in the center of attention. I pretty much forgot my roti pisang.

Out of nowhere, this came:
Omg like so overjoyed lah like never see cake before. I thought the gang forgot all about it but I didn’t really peduli lah cuz too busy reading SMS. Aiseh … looks like my first birthday and Christmas in KL wasn’t that bad after all.

We left at 2 in the morning and I still had the mood to add more for the thesis. Not before I opened up the gifts!

Hostel gang bagi

Roomie's. We got the same gifts for each other .. haha

K's 39.90 bunny. Somemore he left the price tag there. Idk if he's that calculative or just plain sengaja.

In the afternoon I ajak K out to lepak and belanja him. I spent 22 bucks on Twilight tickets alone, dang the cinema really profit a lot on public holidays.

He say don't want McD's for dinner so I treated him to Chilli's (2nd time this month alone!) We sengaja ordered the cheapest food but the bill still came up to 76 bucks. But incredibly worth lah since it took us very very long to wipe out our food. Knowing me lah I memang anti-wasting my food cuz when I'm starving the next day I'd think about the food I wasted before. Yet another bizarre info.
While walking to the car I counted I spent 98 bucks. 2 bucks left for the LRT ticket the next day then. That was before the parking cost us a massive 14 bucks! K only had 3 bucks in his wallet so I sigh and say I pay lah >.<
That was my Christmas slash Birthday.

3 Note(s):

Anonymous said...

Haha..I'll pass that shampoo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday/christmas :)

Lace said...

jen - idk if its wrong translation or the shampoo does work miracles

kat - yeah it was cool. one hell of a surprise though