Thursday, April 30, 2009

Judgment day 2009

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/29/swine.flu/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
WHO raises pandemic alert to second highest level

Couple of years ago there were several books at Kinokuniya which caught my eye. It talks about how the world is coming to an end in late 2009. But then again the book talks about a nuclear war and an asteroid collision with Earth. But it's worth a think.

Omg when I hear the word pandemic I imagine movies like 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil etc. Don't need me to tell you what those movies are all about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Doomsday_prediction
But fear not, the Mesoamerican long count calendar, used by ancient Mayan astronomers have predicted that the world will be coming to an end in 2012. Couple of months ago I was again at Kinokuniya and they have new books this time around - how the world will end in late 2012.

Hey don't judge me I'm just saying what I encountered and I'm not making fun of these issues. After all, if I don't make it to UK next month (I paid my deposit and air ticket so I HAVE to go! $$$ not refundable I think) what am I gonna do?

3 Note(s):

kelly said...

any idea if nostradamus talks about this global pandemic thing?

Bea said...

wear a mask...the ones doctors wear...and wash ur hands...not rinse with water...but wash with soap...

we've been getting sars, nipah virus and bird flu in asia anyway....

nobody knows how/when the world will end except God alone...=)...actually it's not really going to be THE END...coz a new earth will replace this one...and the new one will last eternally~ woohoo!

Lace said...

Kelly - I've been meaning to check it out .. heh you check for me can??

Bea - Wah you sound like a doctor =) But we've survived JE, SARS, bird flu, chicken flu, dog flu I think we can make it through this one haha. Ooo new Earth really? Must talk to you more abt this ..