Sunday, August 29, 2010

I was rejected

I've been meaning to write something about rejection for some weeks now but everytime I connect to the Internet I'll go directly to FB and Twitter and forget all about Blogger. (Woah my blog can relate to me man!)

Anyways I was reading Sasha's post which is similarly like mine so I figured might as well write it. It may be useful reading material for me 30 years from now hah!

On a side note, this involves family members and this post is far from bashing you guys. Besides, it happened 12 years ago so even if I had grudges .. okay no grudges cuz I just dismissed it as kid teenager crap.

Okay story time.

I was 11 when we moved to a new place (in fact we moved on 31 Aug!) and dad decided to have a housewarming on my birthday slash Christmas (see? triple celebration!) So relatives, friends, people I don't know were invited. Because I was the youngest grandkid of all, I usually hung out with my mom, Aunt Ruby or some older cousins of mine.

The three cousins closest to my age were teens at that time so naturally I wasn't close with them (in my version, kids + teenagers = no way, they do not mix with each other). Heck I was a teenager once and I thought kids are brats. Still do now, lol.

So the three were upstairs in the guest room playing Jenga (the wooden version of Uno Stacko). And I was in my room layan-ing (minding my own business) myself when Aunt Molly came up and asked why I didn't join my other 3 cousins.

Its okay lah, I said.

But then she dragged me to the guest room and kinda made my 3 cousins play with me. I don't wanna guess how they were feeling that very second, but I was embarrassed like sial. I haven't learned shit, crap and wtf so embarrassed was the only word I could come up with. It feels like I'm ruining their playdate or something. For a moment no one said anything, but then one of them invited me to play, and I was like

Its okay, I'll just watch you play, I said.

So they continued on playing and after a while I beh tahan (cannot stand) already from not being in the same clique as them I excused myself and left.

Like Sasha said, different channels.

But hey, that was years ago and I'm closer to one of them now. And since I grew up an only child I kinda got used to being alone but yeah lah sometimes I hate being alone. But whip up the Internet and Astro for me I'd pay you to not talk to me haha

2 Note(s):

Bea said...

wow i don't even remember that moment o.O

hahhaha....anyway (((BIG HUGZ!!))) lil couz =P

Lace said...

lol weird stuff lah