Thursday, December 31, 2015

The month that was

Source - tumblr

Finally there's a 3 day break in order to recharge and prepare for the new year. The past weeks were hectic enough that I'm going to stay home this weekend and do nothing :P

First off, I was on leave on Nov 19th to attend the opening of Ikea Cheras. Friends tell me I don't do anything out of the ordinary much so I thought joining a throng of citizens on a Thursday at a furniture store is a start. Then I queued for more than an hour at the cashier only to abandon the idea because I was running late to meet my wedding planner. Also I took the opportunity to visit my former working place and a dear friend. I was supposed to meet my ex boss for dinner but due to miscommunication, we met on Nov 25th instead.

Thanks to the steamed fish I had, I got sick on Nov 26th and was on medical leave. Unplanned leave meant more unfinished work that I had to finish the next day. I was feeling better the next day but the diarrhea continued until Dec 4th that I took a half day leave to visit the doctor. I still have phobia towards steamed fish until now.

The following week was a critical rush week because we had a departmental team building on Dec 9th and 10th. I came earlier to the office on that Wednesday to hopefully get some things done before departing. The next day I was back in office to continue before heading home for a much needed rest. Doze off while waiting for a show on TV and slept on the couch until the next morning.

Dec 11th was a public holiday but I went to the office, and I wasn't the only one. Tee hee. I had to get things running before a replacement for yet another public holiday on Dec 17th. It kind of sucked when your job requires you to finish everything before you go on leave. Just my luck there were so many things happening so close together. Also went to work that weekend.

Because the following week was, you guessed it, another public holiday x2. Dec 24th and 25th were the Prophet Muhammad's Birthday and Christmas respectively. Oh dear God, what is this. And I was taking additional leave on Dec 28th and 29th so that meant more overtime.

But wait, it doesn't stop there. Jan 1st was New Year's so I had 2 days to finish whatever I can in order to have a proper rest for the next few days. Good thing I got it all done by 6pm today and even had time for a discounted Starbucks. Yay!

Some day I'll look back and wonder how I survived all these.

Till then,

Happy New Year 2016 y'all!

0 Note(s):