Sunday, December 13, 2015

11 days till Christmas

My 10 favorite things about Christmas.



1. Decorating the tree. The tree has been around since I was born. One time we were too lazy to dismantle it so we just left it there for the whole year. Now that I've got a place of my own, I got one (but have yet to get it out of the store room) to keep the Christmas spirit alive as much as I can.


Source - drew-fuller.com

2. Christmas songs on the radio. Keeps me company during the 2 hour drive home.



3. Decorating the office. This department decorates during each major celebration and takes them very seriously. Last year we won 3rd prize for the inter-departmental best Christmas decoration.



4. Opening gifts. This was a huge deal when I was a kid because I'd get so many gifts. I believed in Santa back then; but one time I didn't get a gift from him and I didn't question as to where he was, so the surprise present just stopped coming. These days, we exchange presents with the whole department so I still get very excited over this.



5. Starbucks' Toffee Nut Latte/Frap. I love toffee, I love toffee nut syrup, I'm okay with latte - basically I like sweet things. Plus, it's a festive drink so I'm used to associating it with Christmas. And if you want to know, I don't have a beef with the plain red cup this year.



6. Shops' displays. One of the signs that the Christmas season is here are the displays malls and shops put up. From simple Christmas trees to elaborate designs .. you have to give them the thumbs up for their effort every year.



7. This Hallmark Christmas ad. This.gets.me.everytime.



8. Snow. Thanks to Christmas movies and stories, I grew up wanting to celebrate a snowy Christmas (I will, one day). For some, snow can be savage but for people like me who has never experience snow falling, so allow me to fantasize the beauty of it.


9. Christmas candles. There are so many candle scents you can get from departmental stores or a cute little vintage shop. I'm mostly familiar with the fruity scents from Ikea, but the one scent I came so close to buying was pomegranate (that's going into my wishlist). And if anyone knows where I can find Yankee Candles, do let me know so I can try it too.


10. Christmas spirit. At the end of the day, it's the joy and warmness you get and feel from this particular day. It could be from receiving gifts, being with the people you love, showing kindness and generosity to people around you. So do something good during this festive season!
All images courtesy of Tumblr unless stated.

0 Note(s):