Friday, December 18, 2015

Pageant Predictions: Miss Universe 2015

Let's take a break from Christmas and rejoice in the fact that Miss Universe 2015 is 2 days away. It'll be airing on Star World on Monday, 8am so I'll be watching from my cubicle (and not getting a lot of work done :P)

Picks based on headshots and various info gathered from the USB Bubble Board forum.

Aruba - Alysha Boekhoudt

Australia - Monika Radulovic

Belgium - Annelies Toros

Bulgaria - Radostina Todorova

Curacao - Kanisha Sluis

Dominican Republic - Clarissa Molina

France -Flora Coquerel

Georgia - Janet Kerdikoshvili

Israel - Avigail Alfatov

Peru - Laura Spoya

Philippines - Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach

USA - Olivia Jordan. I love this gown so much!

Venezuela - Mariana Jimenez

Vietnam - Huong Pham

My two cents after the controversy -

The pageant is going to be notorious for what happened at the end for a long time. You don't have to be a fan to not know what took place during the crowning. If you don't, you can watch it here.

Right after Miss Colombia was crowned, I thought to myself there was something amiss because she wasn't taking her first walk as Miss Universe 2015. And the host, Steve Harvey also didn't ask her to do so. That was odd watching her standing and waving and blowing kisses.

Then came the announcement that Miss Philippines was the rightful winner. She wasn't on my radar at first but so many people were pegging her to win and after the final question, I thought she sounded the most sincere. Some fans might conclude her answer as pageant patty, but she did a great job throughout the evening and she was the least nervous girl in the Top 3.

Although I'm happy with the results, I felt bad for Ariadna the moment the crown was lifted off her. By this time, all of us at work were glued to the screen and the pandemonium was deafening. The bosses were also taking notice. That was how big it was.

I can't wait to see more of Pia. She will be a very thoughtful and caring Miss Universe. Job well done, judges!

0 Note(s):